When your sod arrives, you’re ready to roll.
- Lay the first row of sod lengthwise along a sidewalk, driveway, or walkway and then stagger succeeding rows like bricks.
- Seal every seam with a firm push, being careful not to overlap.
- Begin sprinkling your sod with a hose immediately and continue throughout the installation process.
- Smooth the grass with a sod roller that can be rented at any home supply store to seal down the seams and remove air pockets. This is important because you want the entire sod pad to contact the ground. Roots can’t jump through air!
- Run your sprinklers until the lawn is completely saturated. Then set sprinklers to maintain proper moisture. Please refer to our proper watering page for a watering schedule and tips!
To ensure the health and vitality of your turf, it is imperative that you install it 12-24 hours from the time of delivery. During summer months sod may yellow due to heat shock, but it should recover quickly if installation and watering steps are followed.
Now you can sit back and enjoy your Southwest Sod!